Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:03:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/graphics/png & XFree86-4: libpng.so.4 not found

Dear FreeBSD porters,

A couple of days ago, I installed un updated version of png: viz., png-1.2.0.
A side effect of that was:

209 6:50pm ~ >====> ldconfig -r | grep png
        212:-lpng.5 => /usr/local/lib/libpng.so.5

On the other hand, KDE/GNOME/etc, under XFree86-4.1.0_6, require libpng.so.4,
and failed to start.  To be able to access my webmail, I cheated, and copied
libpng.so.5 to libpng.so.4.

As a result, X loads, but no cigar^Wimages, of course.  Well, as far as
webmail is concerned, no big deal.

Has anybody else seen this?  Have I missed and/or scr***d something?  Should I
file a PR?

TIA,
Salvo