Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:24:59 -0600
From:      "Schmitt, Clifton O. PV2" <schmittc@emh2.campbell.army.mil>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   firewalls

Hello
Can anyone help?

I am in the army and I am trying to setup a firewall for a 100-user network
that we run in the field.  We run a DNS server, WWW server, and Microsoft
Exchange server when we go out.  I am wanting to put a FreeBSD box acting as
a firewall in front of these systems to keep unwanted access to our systems.
I would like to have 2 network cards in the BSD box. One that is directly
connected to our LAN segment and one that is connected directly to our
router that connects us to the outside world.  Because we do not control the
router we need to implement a firewall.  I have read the chapter in the
FreeBSD manual that talks about firewalls but I need more information on how
to set one up like this.  Maybe specific references to this specific type of
configuration.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you