Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:37:22 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   BTX halted error with Tyan Thunder L-ET & Adaptec 0Channel RAID

Evening ...

  Everything I can find in relation to BTX + FreeBSD seems to revolve
around the Compaq servers, and the recommended solution is to disable BIOS
DMA ...

  Well, the Tyan Thunder L-ET doesn't seem to have such an option in the
BIOS, so I'm at a lose as to what to try ... I've upgraded (and tried to
downgrade) the BIO, but that doesn't seem to have helped any ...

  When in teh BIOS, the bottom says AMI BIOs v2.02 w/ Copyright from 2000
... but I can't find an upgrade for that anywhere?

  Do I have a Win/Linux only server? :(  Or is there something else I can
try?

Thanks ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org