Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 1995 19:39:02 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        phk@ref.tfs.com (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com (user alias)
Subject:   Re: no ed0 in SNAP0408 kernel

> > I'm trying to do a fresh install from the SNAP0408 boot floppies
> > and find that there is no network device being probed nor is there
> > any ed device (/kernel -c ; ls ).
> >
> Not on the boot.flp.  the BOOTFLP kernel has no networking, since all it
> does is to lift the cpio.flp onto the harddisk.  The kernel on the cpio.flp
> has all the networking

That's odd. This doesn't seem to allow me simple repairs I could formerly
do using the boot floppy . Now you will tell me there is a fixit floppy
for this, right :-)?

> --
> Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk> -- TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
> 'All relevant people are pertinent' && 'All rude people are impertinent'
> => 'no rude people are relevant'

FreeBSD blues 2.1.0-Development FreeBSD 2.1.0-Development #0: Mon Apr  3
17:10:12 MET DST 1995     root@blues:/usr/src/sys/compile/BLUESGUS  i386