Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2006 15:02:28 +0100
From:      Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Automatic TCP send socker buffer sizing

Andre Oppermann wrote:
> With automatic TCP send socket buffers we can start with a small buffer
> and quickly grow it in parallel with the TCP congestion window to match
> real network conditions.
 >
> The patch is available here:
>
>  http://people.freebsd.org/~andre/tcp_auto_sndbuf-20061116.diff
>
> Any testers, especially with busy FTP servers, are very welcome.

A RELENG_6 version (for FreeBSD 6.x) of the patch is here:

  http://people.freebsd.org/~andre/tcp_auto_sndbuf-20061116-RELENG_6.diff

Just apply this patch and recompile your kernel.  It is activated by default.
Be aware that all socket buffer sizing events get logged to syslog under
LOG_DEBUG.  This may affect overall system performance and you may want to
disable logging to disk of this in syslogd.conf.

--
Andre