Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 1999 19:39:11 -0500
From:      Kevin Weiss <kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   is autoconfiguring of xvidtune possible? (2 part question)

Does anyone know if it's possible?

I know what settings xvidtune uses by now for my monitor, and I'm just
wondering if
I can have my monitor tuned to a certain "xvidtune" setting without having
to actually
run xvidtune.  In other words, which file stores the info for xvidtune?

Also, after running and configuring xvidtune, the edge of my monitor (~0.5
inches)
fades out (i.e. whatever color an image is on that side of the monitor, it
always
a couple of shades darker).  Is this a problem...even though I haven't
experienced any?
Is it just that the monitor and XFree86 aren't properly?

My monitor is a ViewSonic PT775
If someone has a little more understanding of either one (or both) of these,
let me know please :-)

Thanks!

Kevin Weiss
kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu