Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 01:23:00 +1000
From:      "Young" <young@richardson.apana.org.au>
To:        "Doug" <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Software Compatibility

Way back in the heyday of Win 3.x,  accessing other computers on a LAN was
simply a matter of assigning an unused drive letter on local box to the
remote drive, thereafter the remote drive can be addressed just like a local
one. The Win9x and sibling (and reportedly the forthcoming Corel Linux)
system is even easier .... just click on the desktop Network Neighbourhood
icon and you can immediately see all computers online in the same workgroup.
Its always been a mystery to me why someone hasn't "borrowed" that feature
before now ... Its heaps more usable by regular folks than mounting a drive
in any *nix which is obviously why the writer is looking for info on using
the same system with BSD.