Date:      12 Jan 1999 20:20:56 -0500
From:      Kevin Street <street@iname.com>
To:        "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new console driver makes my screen yellow

"Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU> writes:

> On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Leif Neland wrote:
>
> > The new console driver makes my screen yellow, i.e. the blue colour has
> > disappeared.

> I have this same problem, but it happens to the console upon switching out
> of XFree86. I experienced this before the console driver change, as well.
> Switching to VESA_132x60 and back to VGA_80x30 restores console color
> sanity.  I'm not sure whether this is caused by my video card or by
> XFree86, since I switched to my new card, a Diamond V550, and XFree86
> (AccelX has no support for the V550) simultaneously on Saturday, and
> the problem manifested itself.  My previous configuration was a Trident
> 9750 and AccelX, which worked fine.

If you don't load the vesa driver (or take it out of your kernel) then
the V550 will work correctly (at least mine does).  It's more than
blue/yellow that's hosed, by the way.  For an entertaining display of
colour confusion try: `vidcontrol show'.

I mentioned this to Kazu in an earlier exchange of mail and he says
he's going to take a look at it.

--
Kevin Street
street@iName.com