Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:56:59 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
To:        Terje Elde <delta@xti.org>
Cc:        Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@42.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which laptop? Any comment on the vaios?

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Terje Elde wrote:

> One thing that springs to mind after reading more about the thing is, how
> do you install FreeBSD on it?

My 505 has just a 'normal' floppy. The very first time I used fips to
slash the disk in half, and then a PAO boot disk with everything else from
the net. Since then I simply copy the 'kernel' from an install floppy over
the network onto '/', mount the rest over nfs, and do it that way. As my
floppy is not quite there anymore.

If I recall correctly, there was something about the USB floppy on the USB
pages, as it was OEM'ed from a manufacuter which donated a drive.

Dw.