Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:58:06 -0500
From:      brad@baileylink.net
To:        <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: tandberg ns8 with on-board adaptec AIC-7890

Probably not.  If I read correctly you use one SCSI bus.  Every SCSI bus
should have 2 terminators, one on each end.  I believe that the motherboard
controller will terminate one end automatically.  It is advisable to either
terminate the last device and place it at the end of the cable or to use and
external (preferably active) terminator.

On a side note, I have heard that one would only need one terminator for
busses with cable length of less than 18 inches, personally I always use
two.

BMG

p.s. Please go easy on me if this is not exactly correct, SCSI busses have
changed a lot over the years.