Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 07:57:35 +0000
From:      Baldur Gislason <baldur@foo.is>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AOL in Negotiations to Buy Red Hat

*SNIP*
> Not that I care what Red Hat does. Their distro is a big monstrocity
> in my opinion, but then, most of them are. Linux is probably a good
> kernel, seeing how there are enough mods out there to do just about
> anything with it, but I'd much rather see a *BSD-style distro built
> around Linux.

There is such a distribution, it's called Slackware (www.slackware.com).
It uses BSD fashioned binary packages, BSD style init scripts and the
installer installer is quite similiar to the FreeBSD one, also they've proven
to make a much higher quality distribution than most other Linux
distributions (They only include software that has proven itself, and they
seem to test things before releasing)

Just my $0.02

Baldur