Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:10:59 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portupgrade and mysql5-server

In the last episode (Jul 25), Ian Lord said:
> Hi,
>
> Just a quick question.
>
> When there is a new version of mysql5-server port, I use "portupgrade
> -a" to update it.
>
> Everytime I need to do a "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server start" to
> start it manually after the upgrade.
>
> Shouldn't it be done automatically ?

imho this is a bug in the plist.  It shouldn't shutdown mysql in the
first place.  I remove the "@stopdaemon mysql-server" from pkg-plist.
Then after I portupgrade mysql, I just run
"/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server restart" to bring up the new version
with only a fraction of a second of downtime.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com