Date:      Sat, 11 May 2002 14:35:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Galen Sampson <galen_sampson@yahoo.com>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: pam su

Hello,

--- Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 11 May 2002, John Baldwin wrote:
>
> > On 11-May-2002 Galen Sampson wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > After a 'make buildworld -DNO_WERROR` with sources today (05/10/02) and a
> > > mergemaster I am seeing the following on the console when I su:
> >
> > Don't mergemaster until after you've installworld'd.
>
> Yeah, I bumped into this on the TrustedBSD branch lately also.  It goes
> side by side with the "don't installworld until you mergemaster" rule.
> And the very basic rule which is "Don't run -CURRENT unless you not only
> want to shoot your feet, but have hot spares so you can shoot them with a
> lower recovery time".

All is well now.  It turns out I ran the following sequence: buildworld
(failed), buildworld -DNO_WERROR, shutdown now, buildkernel -DNO_WERROR,
installkernel, installworld, shutdown -r now (su error after reboot),
mergemaster (still error), and after a restart all was well.

Don't mind shooting myself in the feet...just interested in the development
process of large projects.  I'm a senior CS major graduating in June.  This is
just a hobby.

Galen