Date:      Sat, 12 Jul 1997 19:41:57 +0200
From:      Per Eegehauge <phce@image.dk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        phce@image.dk
Subject:   FA summer camp: Bootmanager IDE/SCSI

Hello experts

I have a PC with an 200MB IDE disk. The IDE disk has an OS/2 bootmanager
that can switch between two partitions. I would like to keep the 3.11
partition but I added a SCSI disk and a 1542 controller so that the
complete 2.2.2 could be installed. All the BSD is now on the SCSI disk. Any
good suggestions of how to use use the bootmanager? Should I install a boot
mgr. on both disks?

Regards Niels

Please make a CC to phce@image.dk

Per speaking:
I was stunned over the low tranfer rate between the IDE CD-rom and the SCSI
disk. The transfer rate of the ports collection: 3-5 kb/sec. It's a
486/66mhz w. 16MB. Is that normal or do I/Niels have a bad SCSI controller?
All diagnostics of the disk and 1542 are OK.

Per Eegehauge			mailto:phce@image.dk
Arnestedet 17			mail2:per@decus.dk
DK-2720 Vanloese
Denmark