Date:      Wed, 06 May 2009 10:55:43 -0600
From:      Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
To:        "Leubner, Achim" <Achim_Leubner@adaptec.com>
Cc:        Ed Maste <emaste@phaedrus.sandvine.ca>, "current@freebsd.org" <current@freebsd.org>, "Sridaran, Gana" <Ganapathy_Sridaran@adaptec.com>
Subject:   Re: softdep_move_dependencies panic

No, there is no fix for this.  FreeBSD doesn't handle this case very
well.  What I would suggest doing is keeping the logical representation
of the device around, but indicate that it has failed.  Then complete
all i/o with good status.  This is something that is being worked on,
but I have no information on when it might be fixed.

Scott