Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 14:27:44 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        mjanosi@numacorp.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network printing

In a previous message, Miki Janosi said:
>     Hello all,
> Let me give a little background before I ask the question. We have
> numerous networks, Sun, Netware, and Mac printing to some HP laser
> printers. I asked my sys admin how to print to any of them from my
> PC, I have both DOS and BSD on it. He told me to erase BSD and install
> Linux and he'd think about helping me. I can ping the printer and I
> know there must be a way to print to it, but will I be able to do it
> without my sys admin's help? I have limited permissions in netware,
> but I might have enough on the Sun box. If anyone has any
> suggestions, please also e-mail my address, mjanosi@numacorp.com,
> because I have only e-mail access to the internet and I had to quit
> the mailing list because of the volume of e-mail. TIA!

lp|lw|lp|ps|hpprinter:\
        :at=Room_1100_200_S_5th_St:\
        :lp=:\
        :rm=sun:\
        :rp=hpprinter:\
        :sd=/var/spool/output/hpprinter:\
        :lf=/var/spool/output/hpprinter/log:\
        :af=/var/spool/output/hpprinter/acct:\
        :mx#0:sf:sb:sh:\
        :tr=\f:

--
"I don't have any solution but I certainly admire the problem."
                -- Ashleigh Brilliant