Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 2000 22:13:34 -0500
From:      "Robert Myers" <ccrider@whiterose.net>
To:        "'Chip'" <chip@wiegand.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: printing question

Chip,

	You could also try installing print services for Unix on your NT box.  The
name
under 2k is Printer services for Unix, the name escapes me for NT4.

	What this does is make the NT box a remote LPR Host, with the remote queue
name being the share name
of the printer.

	This also works with the HP Jet Direct cards, they can be put into lpd
mode, then you can print directly
from the Unix box using lpr(1) commands.  See the following man pages,
lpr(1), lpd(8) and printcap(5)

	Hope that helps.

Robert Myers
Systems Administrator