Date:      Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:48:32 +0200
From:      m.ehinger@ltur.de
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad t42 fn+f3 (Blank Screen)

acpi_video and acpi_ibm are already loaded.

             Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>

             19.07.2005 18:45                                                                                                    An
                                                               m.ehinger@ltur.de
                                                                                                                              Kopie
                                                               freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
                                                                                                                              Thema
                                                               Re: Thinkpad t42 fn+f3 (Blank Screen)

m.ehinger@ltur.de wrote:
> i got a Thinpad t42 and running Current (July 15). I can't blank the LCD with Fn + F3, which works perfectly without acpi enabled.
>
> With ACPI_DEBUG enabled i get an "Execute Methode: [\_SB_.PCI0.LPC_.EC__._Q12]" Message but nothing happens. I also tried
different
> "hw.acpi.osname" strings without success.
>
> Fn + F7 (Switch LCD - CRT) works only on a console not in Xorg.
>
> Other keys (Thinklight, Brightness) work normal.
>
> Please tell me what informations you need.
>
> thanks and greate work so far

Try loading acpi_video

--
Nate