Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 11:48:00 -0400
From:      Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Gabriel <gmains@southwind.net>
Cc:        Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ESS Maestro 2E audio controller

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 10:05:56AM -0500, Gabriel wrote:

> Joseph,
>
> I am running 4.1.1-RELEASE and have a Maestro 2E PCI soundcard on my
> laptop. I went to you web site and looked at your kernel config file. All
> you need is:
>
> device	pcm
>
> ????
>
> Is that it? Mine doesn't seem to be working yet with that. Is there
> anything else I need to try?

Please note that Maestro 2E support was added to -stable on October 6
(4.1.1-RELEASE was released in September).  You may either:

1) Rebuild your system with sources after October 6
2) Install a snapshot built after October 6
3) Wait until 4.2-RELEASE is out (around November 15)

--
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org