Date:      Wed, 09 Oct 2002 09:47:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Stephen J. Roznowski" <sjr@comcast.net>
To:        mark@grondar.za
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: src/games bikeshed time.

On  9 Oct, Mark Murray wrote:
>> I've had a patch in the system (bin/12727) since 1999/07/20 that does
>> just this for the NetBSD patches. I've tried a few times to get it
>> committed. See the patch for details...
>
> This is good to have, but it doesn't change the fact that these games
> are 1970's technology. :-)

But some are still fun to play... :-)

> How would it be for you if these patches became part of the games
> in the ports collection? (Somewhat like ports/net/freebsd-uucp?)

This really doesn't matter to me (ports vice base). I was reacting to
the "rot of the code" comments. I also don't have a (major) problem that
this patch was never committed -- there are other more important things
for the committers to work on. :-)

I would hope that if these are moved to ports, then (at least) these
patches would be applied when the tarballs are created....

Thanks,
--
Stephen J. Roznowski    (sjr@comcast.net)