Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:31:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Spidey <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
Cc:        Questions=answers <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Forwarded mail....

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Spidey wrote:

> One of my users tried to chage his password and got this:

You haven't been touching /etc/master.passwd without using vipw, have you?

Try rebuilding the database by going into vipw, making a small change,
putting it back, then save&quit.

> As a secondary question, how can I remove kerberos from my system?

That's it, this is going into the FAQ.  And why do people keep selecting
this, anyway!?!?!

You have to reinstall the bin distribution.