Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 2014 21:41:01 +0200
From:      Guillaume Friloux <guillaume@friloux.me>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Segfault from libthr.so.

--h3LYUU6HlUDSAOzy

On 14/09/26, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> So, what is the problem, from your PoV ?
> Linking libssp after libthr causes libssp constructors run before
> libthr initialization, which causes the behaviour you see. The libssp
> uses something which is interposed by libthr, but still not ready at
> the libssp init time. Your example of linking with different order
> demostrates you the right way to treat libthr.
>=20
> So again, what is the problem ?

Hello, to me this behavior did not look normal.
I did not look at the code of both libs, i asked for help on IRC and got se=
nt here.

What surprised me is that i have never met this on GNU/Linux (i repeat, i a=
m new to BSD).
Isn't there a way to sanitize this and not jump into a segfault ?

PS : I might just have been trolled by an IRC guy.

--h3LYUU6HlUDSAOzy

--h3LYUU6HlUDSAOzy--