Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 1998 16:19:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spike Gronim <spork@dti.net>
To:        fbsdqs <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Modem death

Hello.

	I have a US Robotics 56K X2 modem. every two through thirty
minutes my connection dies. The modem does not disconnect, but nothing at
goes up or down the line. It did this with Winbloze PPP, and I thought it
was software. It is now doing this with FBSD PPP.

	There is another computer in my house, on the same phone line,
same jack, US Robotics 28.8 modem, and it has never had this problem. I
have switched phone chords, switched jacks in the Y connector leading in
to the jack, and none of this has done anything. Does anyone know why this
is happening, I trust this list far more than I do Dell tech support, so
if anyone knows about or has had this problem a response would be great.

	-Spike Gronim
	 sporkl@dti.net

		"I gonna wave my freak flag high."
			--Jimmi Jendrix