Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:09:19 +0800 (WST)
From:      Michael Kennett <mike@laurasia.com.au>
To:        mab@kougars.kish.cc.il.us (Mike Bush)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0-current compile errors

> This problem started a few weeks ago.. i dont know if its a problem in the
> CVS tree or my machine (im not really in the loop) but when running make
> buildworld i have these errors...
>
> echo '#include "i386/freebsd.h"' >> tm.h
> echo '#include "i386/perform.h"' >> tm.h
> cc -c -O -pipe -I/usr/src/gnu/lib/libgcc/../../../contrib/egcs/gcc/config
> -I/usr/src/gnu/lib/libgcc/../../../contrib/egcs/gcc -I. -fexceptions
> -DIN_GCC -I/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include -DL_mulsi3 -o _mulsi3.o
> /usr/src/gnu/lib/libgcc/../../../contrib/egcs/gcc/libgcc1.c
> *** Signal 12
>
> Stop in /usr/src/gnu/lib/libgcc.
> *** Error code 1
>
> If this is normal or if there is a fix please let me know. thanks :)
>
> Mike Bush

There have been some major changes in the '-current' tree allowing more than
32 signals. These changes were documented (very well) in a 'HEADS-UP' by
Marcel when he committed his changes.

I've included that HEADS-UP for your reference below. There is a long
thread of discussions on -current about these changes. Check the archives
for details. In particular, you'll find that it is necessary to build
the kernel and *BOOT* the new kernel before a make world. There is continuing
work being done on these changes.

Check the UPDATING file in /usr/src for more details on the changes as well.

Mike Kennett
(mike@laurasia.com.au)

-----Included: