Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 1999 07:15:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
To:        Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AWE64 midi sequencer

On 27-Oct-99 Eduardo Viruena Silva wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> I have a FBSD 3.3 system with an AWE64 pnp sound card.

[ configuration stuff snipped ]

> looks fine, doesn't it?
>
> BUT, WHEN I TRY TO USE MY MIDI SEQUENCER, I GET THIS MESSAGE:
>
>  Device not configured

> playmidi does not work, neither rosegarden
>

> O, WISE FREEBSD GURUS!
> COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON?

I'm not sure exactly why these aren't working.  Are you using the
precompiled packages, or did you build them from the ports collection?
You might try rebuilding them, now that you have the AWE driver
installed.

For MIDI playback, the awemidi port is your best bet, as it's
specifically intended for the AWE.  You'll want to get the awesfx
port as well, to enable loading wave files to the card.  Follow the
links on my home page below under the section on setting up the AWE.

--
Conrad Sabatier
http://members.home.net/conrads/