Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:19:35 -0700
From:      mikel@zso.dec.com (Mike Lempriere)
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Clustering?

As mentioned in a previous note, I'm about to be laied off by Compaq.  I
may be given the opportunity to purchase some of my test gear.  It may be
possible to get a pair of 2100's, or a pair of 433a's, or a pair of
Proliant's.

These pairs are tied together with differential SCSI bus to shared storage
for "clustering".  Specifically, they were used for NT "Wolfpack".

Does anyone know if FreeBSD already has the smarts to handle this sort of
configuration, or would I be having write device drivers to make use of
it?

Can you see any reason I should not try to acquire this equipment?  I
could skip the shared storage, differential SCSI, etc. and save some money
if it's known the FreeBSD would not like it.

Please reply to me directly ('though I am on the list) as the rest of the
list probably won't be interested.

Thanks!

P.S.  (I'm sorry, I can not swing this deal for anyone else -- the
      employee is only allowed to get the one system for themself.)

--
Pacific NorthWest wine, blues, jazz info; http://vintners.net/~mikel
Mike Lempriere-Work: mikel@zso.dec.com; Home: mikel@vintners.net