Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2019 11:53:24 -0700 (MST)
From:      BBlister <bblister@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot identify process of listening port 600/tcp6

Yes you are right. If I kill rpc.lockd the two listening ports disappear. If
I re-execute, then I can see two new unknown listening ports on other
locations. For example, now I have  815/tcp4 and 874/tcp6 .

So I believe I should ask the freebsd-hackers which rpc.lockd cannot be
listed on the sockstat or lsof (which means that this could be a way for a
malicious process to do exactly what lockd does and open ports without being
identified).

Thanks mdtancsa for your valuable tip.

--
Sent from: http://freebsd.1045724.x6.nabble.com/freebsd-questions-f3696945.html