Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2006 14:51:37 -0400
From:      "Bob" <bob@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Conrad Bellman" <conradbellman@gmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: CB

Since 5.2 version FreeBSD has problems installing on older PC's, pre-2000 or
maybe pre-2002.
Move HD to newer PC do install and return to older pc and all is well.
You could all ways try installing version 4.11 and if that works then you
know for sure your pc is legacy version.

If you used FreeBSD box to download install disk you should run checksun to
see if download was good.