Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 2009 22:10:52 +0100
From:      Gustau Perez <gperez@entel.upc.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jung-uk Kim <jkim@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] amd64 suspend/resume code to be comitted

> Please try the attached patch, which just disables restoring VGA state
> while resuming.

   Hi Jung-uk,

   I've just recompiled the kernel with your patch. In this case after
resume I don't get any display at all. Screens continues totally black.
Without the patch, the screen resumes for a moment and then switches to
black. Just tried with acpicof -s 3, will try with hw.acpi.reset_video
(just to try).

   I've checked /var/log/messages, and I don't see anything strange. I
can see acpi: suspend at 20090324 21:30:41 and then some logs about the
resume process. Nothing related to vga, all about wlan, usb, firewire
and such,

   Is there anything I can test ?

   Greets,