Date:      Sun, 15 Dec 1996 22:24:10 +0900
From:      Masafumi NAKANE/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <max@wide.ad.jp>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        max@wide.ad.jp
Subject:   ed0 trouble with -current

I did `make world' today using current sources (ctm delta up to 2517
applied) and found out that ed0 driver doesn't work like it used to.

It looks like ed0 can receive incoming packets without problems, but
it can't send out outgoing packets.  If I do ping to the local gateway
router, it says `host is down' although it isn't.

When I connect my machine to the network using PPP, I can communicate
with machines outside the subnet without problem, and interestingly,
machines on remote network can also communicate with my machine using
the IP address assigned to ed0.  (That's probably because they can
receive ack packets as these packets can now go back there via tun0.)

Any idea what I've done wrong?  (Well, actually I didn't do anything,
I'm just running the machine with settings that once was working.)  Or
any idea where I should look into?

     Thanks.

          Masafumi NAKANE, Keio Univ., Dept. of Environmental Information
E-Mail : max@wide.ad.jp / max@FreeBSD.ORG
[URL] :  http://www.sfc.wide.ad.jp/~max/