Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 1997 19:41:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        DaVe 8 P <dave8p@aol.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Programming Assistance Needed

[this belongs on -questions, not -hackers]

On Sun, 10 Aug 1997, DaVe 8 P wrote:

> I need help on how to program a file similar to the one I attached to this
> message. No it is not a virus or anything I really need help. I want to
> know what tools I can use to make something like this...for example the
> file display "FATAL" all over the screen I want it to say BOO for an
> example....so what tools would I need to do something like this...please
> mail me back..I will appreciate all help thank you

I ran your FATAL.EXE program and it printed "Error: unimplemented
opcode" on my screen many times.  You'll need to provide either
the source code for us to compile ourselves, or a version which
runs on XTs.

However, if I assume that all this program does is print a
screenful of the word "FATAL", then yes, FreeBSD will let you
write a program which does the same but with the word "BOO".  In
fact, FreeBSD will allow you to do much more.

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk