Date:      Tue, 31 May 2005 20:40:04 +0200
From:      Flemming Jacobsen <fj@batmule.dk>
To:        markus@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for testers: New acpi_ibm driver

Hi, Markus

On Mon, 30 May 2005 18:57:09 +0200, Markus Brueffer <markus@FreeBSD.org> said:
> Please mail me on failure and success and include the output of
> # sysctl hw.acpi.ibm

hw.acpi.ibm.events: 0
hw.acpi.ibm.hotkey: 1312
hw.acpi.ibm.lcd_brightness: 1
hw.acpi.ibm.volume: 14
hw.acpi.ibm.mute: 0
hw.acpi.ibm.thinklight: 0
hw.acpi.ibm.bluetooth: 0
hw.acpi.ibm.wlan: 1
hw.acpi.ibm.fan_rpm: 0
hw.acpi.ibm.fan_status: 0
hw.acpi.ibm.thermal: 45 45 46 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1

> In any case: Please send me your DSDT for further improvement of the driver
> (even if you run FreeBSD 5):
> # acpidump -t -d > name-system.asl

http://www.batmule.dk/FreeBSD/X23-2662XXD.asl

This is an X23, with -current as of 20050521.

lcd_brightness works fine
thinklight works fine
Reading volume and mute works fine.
Writing to volume and mute doesn't work. However setting volume
to i.e. 5 and hitting the 'volume down' key will set the volume
to 4 and lower the sound accordingly.
Fan sysctls seem broken. fan_* reads as 0, but I can hear and
feel the fan running.
It has wlan builtin, but no indicators are available. Setting
wlan to 0 doesn't affect the wi based wireless net.
No bluetooth.

Suspend will "crash" Xorg (even when display is switched to
ttyv0). This also happened before upgrading acpi_ibm, but didn't
happen with a kernel from early april.

	Regards
	Flemming

--
Flemming Jacobsen                                  Email: fj@batmule.dk
   ---===   If speed kills, Windows users may live forever.   ===---