Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 11:02:10 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@freebsddiary.org>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: feedback on CD install of 4.0-RC2

On 20 Feb 00, at 6:56, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

> "Guided". I like it. That's *PRECISELY* what this installation option
> is. There is NO difference in the number of choices available in any of
> the three types.

I have many times encountered a user who avoided the NOVICE install
and tried one of the other methods.  They clearly lacked the skill
necessary to perform anything *other* than a NOVICE install.  I suspect
they avoided the NOVICE install because they didn't consider
themselves a novice ("But I've been using Linux for years!").  I think
calling it GUIDED will certainly reduce the number of calls for help.
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited [I'm looking for more work]
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.freebsddiary.org/