Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2014 09:10:41 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Subject:   Re: nfs slowdown (RELENG_8)

On 6/23/2014 6:41 PM, Rick Macklem wrote:

> I suggest you try disabling TSO on the nics (or setting wsize=32786
> on all mounts). Usually such slowdowns are related to the underlying
> network fabric and there are known TSO issues for nics/drivers that
> only handle 32 transmit buffers when 64K writes are being used.

Thanks Rick,
	I tried that. Both doing ifconfig em1 -tso and set net.inet.tcp.tso to
0.  No impact on these particular boxes.  Mount is done

/sbin/mount_nfs -o tcp,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,async

I looked at the tcpdump between the working and non working servers and
they look identical.  Tried changing switch ports and the problem does
not follow the port, only the server.

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400