Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:17:56 -0700
From:      Lee Damon <nomad@castle.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.0-CURRENT kernel compile fails at sbp.c in sys/dev/firewire

Ok, my lame memory strikes again.  I brought my custom kernel config
back in sync with GENERIC yesterday, and that included adding the
following:

# FireWire support
device         firewire        # FireWire bus code
device         sbp             # SCSI over FireWire (Requires scbus and da)
device         fwe             # Ethernet over FireWire (non-standard!)

This explains why compiles stopped working today, but doesn't explain
why compiles stopped working.  I suspect I've missed something in
the flood of email on this list, but a search on spb.c in the
current@freebsd.org archives didn't find anything that appears to
be relevant.

I've commented the three firewire related entries out of my config and
am re-compiling the kernel now.

nomad