Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:59:45 +0200
From:      "James Wilde" <james.wilde@telia.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD v Linux

I've been following this thread and I've checked the Oracle and FreeBSD
sites.  And I've discovered that Oracle is not released in a FreeBSD version
but is released in a Linux version which - apparently - runs even better on
FreeBSD with Linux emulation.  Unfortunately that's not a combination likely
to have an immediate appeal to people concerned with operational
reliability.  And since they use the Oracle DBMS, TPTB at my new job have
opted for Sun Solaris.

However, they have made an exception.  Since I said I was familiar (!) with
FreeBSD they have suggested that, since they are now getting too big to use
hosts for name resolution, my first project when I start with them next
month will be to set up a name server running on FreeBSD.

So my question is does anyone know whether/when Oracle plans a FreeBSD
version?

mvh/regards

James