Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 16:09:40 +0900
From:      Issei Suzuki <issei@issei.org>
To:        green@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        charon@freethought.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: getting OpenSSH

In mail "Re: getting OpenSSH"
Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> What network card?  WRT CVS itself, you can get it for NT pretty easily,
> so that shouldn't be a problem.  If OpenBSD ever starts releasing snapshots
> of the OpenSSH source, it would be easy to switch the port to that.  In
> the beginning, I mirrored the source snapshot on freefall, but that's not
> very good to do.  Come to think of it, I do have something you may find
> interesting, even if pretty outdated... I'll attach it.

  I agree that mirroring the source snapshot of OpenSSH on freefall is
not very good idea, because of U.S. crypto restriction.  But can't you
put the source snapshot on *.ca.freebsd.org or somewhere else, where
their goverment does not restrict exporting a crypto software, and use
it?
  Not a few people have trouble on fetching the DISTFILES of OpenSSH
port from CVS server.

  I hope you will pay some more attention to people whose network
enviroment is not good and who is not skillfull about CVS as you.

Issei.-