Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 1995 21:53:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dave Haas <daveh@eskimo.com>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel EtherExpress 16TP feigns death after FreeBSD!

Hi there.

Can somebody please tell me why Win95 claims that my Intel EtherExpress
16TP is dead and needs reconfiguration everytime I reboot from FreeBSD
(7/26 snapshot)? Both Win95 and FreeBSD are configured to use 300-30F at
IRQ 10.

It's easy to get everything back to normal again from DOS, by invoking IPX
from my old Intel directory. But it's annoying to have to jump to DOS
everytime I finish using FreeBSD and have to go to WIN95!

Is there some patch I can apply to the ix driver?

Help!

TIA

Dave Haas
Island Computer Solutions