Date:      Fri, 27 Nov 1998 19:43:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        nordwick@citycom.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: System hangs when I start X-3.3.3

In article <000301be1a7d$29cf7ad0$e53d1c26@yasmeen.citycom.com>,
Jason Nordwick <nordwick@citycom.com> wrote:

> My second question is about cvsup.  I installed it, but last time I used
> FreeBSD (6-8 months ago maybe?) it seems that the supfile was in a different
> format.

Nope, it hasn't changed recently.

> If I want to track /usr/src and /usr/ports what would my cvsup file
> look like?  I tried what I thought was correct, with by dasedir being /usr,
> but it starts to unpack all these RCS files in /usr/src... I wind up with
> /usr/CVSROOT and then all the ",v" files in /usr/src... uck.

It sounds like you omitted the "tag=" clause from your supfile.
Study the tutorial in the FreeBSD Handbook.  It was section
18.3.3 the last time I looked.  Also look at the sample
supfiles in "/usr/share/examples/cvsup", and the FAQ at
<http://www.polstra.com/projects/freeware/CVSup/>.  Then if you're
still having problems with it, drop me a line and I'll help you get it
straightened out.

John
  "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."
                                                            -- H. L. Mencken