Date:      Wed, 01 Sep 1999 14:26:22 -0400
From:      "David W. Rice" <big_river_software.com@ns.sympatico.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   any heads up on FreeBSD install to system with whole hdd FAT32

I have Compaq Presario 1220 running win/95 with 2.1GB hdd Fat32. I've
heard that fat32 messes with the parition table. This seems to be
verified as a product called PartitionMagic (supposed to let one
re-partition without losing data) crashes andburns when I run it. I'm
getting usual industry support from vendor (silence).
I want to run FreeBSD and have to run Win/95 on same system.
I don't want to start installation if I'm going to crash the partition
table and backing up the 1.3 Mb worth of stuff I have on Fat32 is one
big job with a laptop. All I have is diskette and another machine via
ICQ.
Any suggestions for someone who doesn't want to learn the hard way.
Apart from backup first. I know allready.

Thanks
Dave