Date:      Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:52:04 -0600
From:      Sean Page <Sean.Page@epsb.ca>
To:        "'Matthew Seaman'" <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: No nonodump...

Hrm, strange. My man page for chflags is as follows:

  The flags are specified as an octal number or a comma separated list of
     keywords.  The following keywords are currently defined:

           arch    set the archived flag (super-user only)
           opaque  set the opaque flag (owner or super-user only)
           nodump  set the nodump flag (owner or super-user only)
           sappnd  set the system append-only flag (super-user only)
           schg    set the system immutable flag (super-user only)
           sunlnk  set the system undeletable flag (super-user only)
           uappnd  set the user append-only flag (owner or super-user only)
           uchg    set the user immutable flag (owner or super-user only)
           uunlnk  set the user undeletable flag (owner or super-user only)
           archived, sappend, schange, simmutable, uappend, uchange,
                   uimmutable, sunlink, uunlink
                   aliases for the above

     Putting the letters ``no'' before an option causes the flag to be
turned
     off.  For example:

           nouchg  the immutable bit should be cleared

A little misleading I would say. At any rate, 'chflags dump' did indeed
remove the flag in question.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Sean.