Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 1997 21:54:19 -0400
From:      Jonathan Bowie <utopia@nh.ultranet.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   tcsh + ppp + Net apps

Hey guys,
	I have been noticing some weird things with 3.0-CURRNET(CVSupped on Monday
and tcsh.  Named has been acting a little funny, so I have been playing
with it and host.  For some reason I can't get a host -l list for my
localhost.  host -l eliteness.org produces nothing on my local machine, but
as far as when I do it from any remote machine it seems to work fine, I
have also noticed this in th past.  Also when tinkering with these
occasionally when I call a program that uses some net resource my tcsh up
and core dumps out of the blue.  It hasn't happened in X yet, but it has
happened atleast 10 times in console.  I have also had kernel
panics(reboots) when putting some presure on X(4-5 xterms + Netscape and 2
CVSup windows).  Any thoughts, similar occurances welcome.  I'll also
entertain all flames, i figure a little constructive criticism never hurt
anyone.

-Jon Bowie

Jonathan Bowie
SysAdmin / Consulting / TeenSysop