Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:44:36 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Michael R. Wayne" <wayne@staff.msen.com>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: state of ide raid

The 3ware cards work quite well for this.  ~ $120 USD for the 2 port
version.  During rebuilds the server is still available and you can control
for the most part how fast or slow the rebuild process works. Its not very
granular, but it does afford some control.  Its essentially radio buttons
that look like

Faster I/O   *   *   *   *   *   Faster Rebuild

Give them a try, I think you will like them.

         ---Mike