Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2001 17:56:54 +0200 (CEST)
From:      <admin@kremilek.gyrec.cz>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   probably remote exploit

Hallo there,

	Probably just warning. I personally couldn't believe it, but on
the last list of my 4.2-RELEASE appeared that host sh2.1-sh.com was logged
as user Jim. The one bad thing I did, that firewall wasnt working and
there is NFS available (besides BRIGDED connection to CISCO Router, named
and squid (both in sandbox) and sshd,ntp. I really don't know what
happened, because I couldn't believe that someone is able to find out the
eight character password. Because it is a school server I am not scared so
much about compomising, but would like to know if I am so stupid (I was
trying to leave,delete or update anything what was on security) or does it
happened to anyoneelse as well? (haven't got Disk Space to build these
days)

	sincerely Karel Rous