Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:32:13 +0200 (EET)
From:      Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
To:        Ross Penner <ross_@telus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trouble installing

O Ross Penner έγραψε στις Feb 20, 2005 :

> I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to send this, it's the only e-mail
> adress I could locate.

And its the right one!
Wellcome to java@freebsd.org

> I'm attepting to install Java 1.4 on my freebsd 5.3 machine and I get an
> error code I can't resolve myself.
>

> Linux-XFree86-libs-4.3.99.902_2 conflicts with installed package(s):
>        linux_base-6.1_6
>
>        They install files into the same place.
>        Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1)

Before you take any action note these:

Xorg not XFree86 is supposed to be the default X11 implementation
in freebsd starting from -5.3.
(Ofcourse in your case the issue is Linux-XFree86-libs
but since you are a newbie i dont think this info hurts).

linux_base is needed for linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.

Update your ports with cvsup.

Read carefully /usr/src/UPDATING and /usr/ports/UPDATING.

--
-Achilleus