Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:46:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <scanner@jurai.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ARGH! Stupid LPD error...

I want to strangle LPD. Something is jacked and I have no clue what. I
have never seen this error before.

-rw-------  1 root  wheel  607394 Apr  9 11:36 /tmp/aps_testout.IrixPc
eval: cannot create /dev/lpt0: error 16
Mon Apr  9 11:53:14 CDT 2001
ljet4 600x600 default

WTF is cannot create /dev/lpt0 supposed to mean? It's already there.
The output is from apsfilter but I do not believe it has anything to do
with apsfilter.

open-systems# ls -la /dev/lpt0
crw-------  1 root  wheel   16,   0 Mar 30 17:53 /dev/lpt0

open-systems# uname -a
FreeBSD open-systems.net 4.3-RC FreeBSD 4.3-RC #0: Mon Apr  2 12:50:50 CDT
2001     chris@open-systems.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/SECURE  i386

# Parallel port
device          ppc0    at isa? irq 7
device          ppbus           # Parallel port bus (required)
device          lpt             # Printer

One odd thing I noted is that when LPD starts it created two LPD's. I dont
know why. So I tried killing one of them. Still get the same error.
Does anyone know what that error means and how to fix it?

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | FreeBSD Consultant, FreeBSD Geek
Work:              scanner@jurai.net | Open Systems Inc., Wellington, Kansas
Home:  scanner@deceptively.shady.org | http://open-systems.net
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"