Date:      Fri, 09 Nov 2012 11:37:34 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
To:        FreeBSD Ports List <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   librsvg and cairo in a loop

I'm trying to update one of my ports (security/afterglow).  When I run make
depends `make -V PORTNAME`, the build fails on cairo because librsvg
doesn't exist.

So I go into the librsvg2 port and build it.  But it fails because it needs
cairo.

Sweet.  A genuine catch-22 situation.

Anyone have any ideas?

checking for cairo's PostScript surface backend feature...
checking whether cairo's PostScript surface backend feature could be
enabled... yes
checking for gs... gs
checking for LIBSPECTRE... no
checking for cairo's PDF surface backend feature...
checking whether cairo's PDF surface backend feature could be enabled... yes
checking for POPPLER... no
configure: WARNING: PDF backend will not be tested since poppler >= 0.13.3
is not available
checking for cairo's SVG surface backend feature...
checking whether cairo's SVG surface backend feature could be enabled... yes
checking for LIBRSVG... no
configure: WARNING: SVG backend will not be tested since librsvg >= 2.15.0
is not available
checking for cairo's image surface backend feature...
checking for pixman... no
no
checking whether cairo's image surface backend feature could be enabled...
no (requires pixman-1 >= 0.18.4 http://cairographics.org/releases/)
configure: error: mandatory image surface backend feature could not be
enabled
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
"http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose the
problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
gnome@FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
"/usr/ports/graphics/cairo/work/cairo-1.10.2/config.log", (b) the output of
the failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output. Also, it might
be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
system
(i.e. an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any website,
copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use send-pr(1)
with
the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the mailing list
(gnome@FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists are
usually discarded by the mailing list software.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/cairo.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/cairo.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/pango.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/gtk-update-icon-cache.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20.