Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:29:28 -0500
From:      Mikhail Teterin <Mikhail.Teterin@murex.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   xorg-server-6.8.1 and "i915"

Hello!

I used the latest (diff-6) patch for the xorg ports and built the
xorg-libraries and xorg-server (leaving other things at the 6.7 level).
Thanks for the work!

The X-server now crashes on startup -- after first complaining about being
unable to load the i915 module. The old X-server complained about the i815,
but proceeded to work fine on my Vaio-TR2/B (without DRI/DRM, of course).

Now it gets signal 11. Somewhere else I saw a report from an OpenBSD user,
saying the server works on their system, but only once -- if the server is
stopped, the system must be rebooted for a new X-session.

Any hope of i915 module ever hitting the kernel tree? Is it all about Eric not
getting decent Internet access from Clark?

I can send more details about my crashes to an interested party directly...
Thanks again!

 -mi