Date:      Thu, 06 Mar 97 15:02:14 -0800
From:      perry@zso.dec.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   arplookup failure?

Hi there. I am running 2.2-970227-GAMMA on an old DEC-PC 433. It has
the adaptec 152x chip on the motherboard and and the DE100 ethernet
card on the motherboard. I did an ftp install from 22gamma.freebsd.org
and all went well with the install after I disconnected my external
SCSI devices. When those devices were connected, the kernel would not
boot. It would instead hang on probing the SCSI bus and keep timing
out. This happened even if only one external device was
connected. When I disconnected the external cable from the main box,
the kernel came up and discovered the internal SCSI drive and I
continued with the install.

Now that the network is up I am getting tons of these messages:

arplookup 16.64.16.97 failed: host is not on local network
arplookup 16.64.0.39 failed: host is not on local network
arplookup 16.64.16.97 failed: host is not on local network
arplookup 16.64.0.1 failed: host is not on local network

Can I get a clue about where to look for the problem? Thanks.

-Reggie

Reginald S. Perry                      e-mail: perry@zso.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation
Performance Manager Group

My opinions are barely my own. Clearly Digital wants nothing to do with them