Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:58:56 -0500
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DVD kills system

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 04:10:37PM +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> No, lots of DVDs carry iso9660 filesystems. I have mounted a few, though
> not recently, a few months back.
>
> It *could* be a DVD with a slightly warped iso9660 on it of course.
> I think you will need to catch a kernel dump.
>
> I'll try to mount a DVD to see what gives here

I thought there was a problem with the acd driver accessing past 4GB on
the disk.  Perhaps he is blowing up on the first file that extends
beyond this point?

I can't play the last part of a DVD that goes beyond 4GB using vlc on
my -STABLE laptop.  Sometimes vlc dies with signal 11, sometimes the
laptop resets.  I think Soren is aware of the problem but all my information
is based on responses on the -STABLE list, not from Soren.

--
Scott Lambert          KC5MLE            Unix SysAdmin -- Looking for work.
lambert@lambertfam.org       http://www.lambertfam.org/~lambert/resume.html